- First, launch the custom art creation tool.
- Then browse our selection of works. You'll find a wide array of styles and genres.
- Choose to have your work printed on either paper or canvas.
- Decide on the scale that works best for your room: small, medium, or large.
- Preview your art in dozens of frames, in a wide range of styles to match your décor.
- Add options like mats, pen lines, bevels, fillets, or liners to really make it your own.
- Preview your artwork so you can see exactly what the finished piece will look like. You can even view it against different wall color samples to get an idea of how it will look in your room—before you buy.
September 18, 2017
Art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Art is personal. What moves one person may do nothing at all for someone else. Enter our custom art program, an opportunity for you to enjoy art—from landscapes, abstracts and pop art to portraits, geometrics, photographs and more—on your terms. Shawn Lang spearheaded the development and launch of our custom art program while director of wall décor for Ethan Allen (he’s now a social media consultant for us). We asked him a few questions about how he conceptualized it—and what makes it unique. How did you visualize the custom art program before you launched it? Shawn: When we decided to update the existing custom art program, we knew we wanted to design a simple, user-friendly program for both our designers and clients. We wanted it to have a fresh look and offer a wide variety of artwork to capture all lifestyles, so we included traditional landscapes, contemporary abstracts, photography, and transitional pieces that can work in any room. Did you work with artists who already have pieces in the Ethan Allen collection? Shawn: We did include artists we’ve worked with in the past. At the same time, we also added new artists to the mix—we thought they would provide the new assortment with a fresh update. All in all, we added more than 180 new images to the collection. From your perspective, what makes the new program special? Shawn: I think the best thing about it is that we can refresh the assortment quickly. We can easily add new imagery as trends evolve, so the collection is always relevant. How does it work? Shawn: We designed the process to be easy for anyone to do in just a few quick steps: