Recipe: Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
Nothing beats the chilly autumn weather like relaxing fireside with a good book, a cozy blanket, and delicious apple cider. Just in time for Thanksgiving weekend, our social media team whipped up a mouthwatering Apple Cider Bourbon cocktail. It’s super simple – and you can easily leave out the bourbon for a delightful non-alcoholic beverage. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 3 oz. apple cider (local, if you can find some)
- ½ oz. rosemary simple syrup
- Cinnamon stick and fresh rosemary
1. Prepare the rosemary simple syrup:
Combine equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan, drop in 3 or 4 sprigs of rosemary, and set over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves, then turn up the heat just a tick to bring the syrup to a simmer; simmer for 1 minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture steep, about 20 minutes. Discard the rosemary and let the syrup cool. (1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar will be plenty for multiple drinks.)
2. In a shaker, combine the bourbon, cider and simple syrup with a few cubes of ice. Shake vigorously for a few seconds and strain into a rocks glass. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a fresh rosemary sprig.