Start with a Great MattressA lot of details go into crafting an Ethan Allen mattress. All of our mattresses are made by hand, and we've developed multiple mattress options with specific features personalized to different body types and sleep preferences. The key to a good night's sleep starts with choosing a mattress that meets your unique sleep requirements. When you sleep with proper postural alignment, you experience fewer pressure points, you get better sleep quality throughout the night, and you can wake up feeling refreshed and alert. A mattress doesn't necessarily have to be firm to provide a good night's sleep; let the proper support guide you. So how do you know when you need a new mattress? According to the National Sleep Foundation, if your current mattress is worn or sagging in the middle or at the edges, if you're feeling every turn your partner makes, or if you're waking up feeling achy and stiff, it's probably time to shop for something new. We recommend starting with our exclusive Sleep by DesignTM survey to choose the right mattress type for your needs. >>Take our sleep survey
Don't Forget the Foundation!We craft our flat foundations from kiln-dried Canadian spruce in both standard and low-profile options, depending on the height you prefer. In the U.S., we also offer TEMPUR-ErgoTM adjustable motion bases, which you can control with a wireless remote or a smartphone app—think endless head and foot positions and multiple massage settings for crazy-good comfort. Our sleep survey makes proper support recommendations, but it's always a good idea to test out mattress and foundation combos before making a purchase.
- Head into a Design Center to test out your Sleep by DesignTM survey recommendations. Find your nearest Design Center.
- Chat with a designer online if you have more in-depth questions, so you can purchase your mattress with confidence. Visit our website and click the Chat Live button at the top of the home page to connect with a designer.
Create a Relaxing EnvironmentSeventy-five percent of people surveyed by the National Sleep Foundation said that comfortable sheets and bedding are essential for great sleep. Choose pillows that support your neck and head so that they line up in a neutral position. If your pillow has lumps or sags, it's time to replace it with something better. A great sleep environment isn't just about sheets and pillows. It's also about choosing beautiful bedcoverings and a soothing palette. A bedroom that speaks to your style sensibilities becomes a much easier place to relax and unwind.
- If you like rich colors, paint your walls a lush blue, emerald green, or blue-based purple.
- Some people find neutrals calming. If that sounds like you, go with a light tan or gray on your walls, or choose a pastel hue of a strong color, like a pale sage green or light lavender.
- Others like a bedroom that reminds them of a special place; in this context, even bold colors can feel soothing. Transport yourself to your favorite island getaway with bold turquoise, bright coral, or sunny yellow wall color.